Integware brings world class experts when implementing Product Lifecycle Management.
Integware has a proven track record in delivering these kinds of solutions in both the US and international locations as well as experience scaling from small and large companies.
Getting Started with PLM
For companies looking to get started with PLM and just needing the basics, we bring several quick-start solutions built on leading platforms that are very affordable and rapid to implement. These are based on Integware’s iC5 methodology leveraging advanced implementation tools from our partner company Jetbox.
For a quick start solution, we typically automate the following business processes:
- Document Management
- Change Control
- Bills of Materials and Product Definition Management (Product Information Model)
- Design History
Advanced PLM Implementations
Integware is able to implement advanced PLM solutions covering all aspects of the PLM Maturity Model®.
We have successfully implemented virtually every box on the maturity model (and many of them many times over).
The solutions we use include market leading technology (see list of partners). From these platforms, Integware can help select and implement the most fitting to best meet your product lifecycle automation needs.
Integware has developed a unique specialty in automating PLM using Good Quality Practices which is also referred to as GxP. This comes from our extensive work in regulated industries. This is distinctly different, and we believe superior to run-of-the-mill PLM because we deliver an approach that we refer to as lean quality. What do we mean by lean quality?
- Minimal Burden: Users should not be burdened with extra steps in a business process that provide questionable value. Many PLM systems out-of-the-box offer academic approaches to business processes, which sound great in a marketing brochure but in reality over complicate things.
- Optimal Quality: Business processes must have just the right steps (no more and no less) to ensure an optimal quality result each and every time.
- Integrated Processes: We focus not just on individual business processes but harnessing integration possibilities when multiple processes are automated to deliver end-to-end business flows that maximize the potential of the solution. We believe the real power in PLM only materializes once you start tying together the many different aspects of your product lifecycle (as illustrated with our PLM Maturity Model).
PLM Deployment Services
For each of these areas we have learned or developed what we consider to be a set of best practices. Some clients want to take our approach whole-sale and we refer to this as “prescriptive” or iC5™. For other companies a more unique approach is required and this is referred to as MPIM®.
Both methodologies cover the entirety of the PLM implementation. This includes:
- Business Problem
- Organizational Change Management
- Project Planning and Oversight
- Solution Architecture
- Use Case Definition
- Solution Configuration and Extensions
- Installation and onsite support
With a prescriptive approach Integware is able to apply the best of what has worked elsewhere and avoid the things that have failed. For example, when implementing engineering change we focus on a simple process that is rich with automation and user niceties. With prescriptive we bring the requirements and you review them to determine how they may or may not meet your needs. Often, we can successfully challenge companies to adopt a prescriptive approach even when at first glance it may not seem possible. This approach is the fastest and typically the least expensive.
If your company needs are uniquely different to what we consider “best practices” either due to complexities in your products, process or organizational procedures we can accommodate your implementation using our MPIM® methodology. For this we will work with companies to develop a set of requirements using our rapid solution architecting method using paper-prototypes.
For this kind of project we use Managed PLM® Improvement Methodology (MPIM).
Many companies need some work-streams to be more iC5™ in nature and others more MPIM® in nature, and occasionally in between. We do accommodate this mixed kind of approach.
Data Migration Services
Moving data from your legacy or paper system into an electronic system can be a challenging and cumbersome undertaking. Integware has many years of experience and expertise in this type of work.
Integware will work with the customer to provide a data migration strategy that includes identification of all sources of information, a protocol to cleanse the information (including the development of automation tools), loading, validation strategy and interface with the deployment plan.
Once the strategy is completed, Integware will work with your organization to execute the data migration strategy. This is a part of the project that is carefully managed and can often be the critical-path to go-live.
Integware brings a set of tools and best practices (varies depending on the destination technology) to perform this work.